Ongoing Fortnight Events:
- Norwalk Historical Society presents the Flags exhibit at Mill Hill Historic Park. View flags from the Revolutionary War to the present. www.norwalkhistoricalsociety.org.
- East Norwalk Historical Cemetery is hosting tours of some of its famous residents. www.eastnorwalklibrary.org
- Historic Fortnight Memories Project, an East Norwalk Association Library program open to all of Norwalk to celebrate the Centennial. www.norwalkpubliclibrary.org
Sunday, September 15:
- Lost Tracks: Norwalk’s Trolley Tour by the Norwalk Preservation Trust at 1:00 pm. Students from TESS will perform American fiddle tunes in the Trolley Barn after the tour. www.norwalkpreservation.org.
- Rowayton Arts Center Open Chantey Sing led by Deirdre and Sean Murtha from 4 pm to 6 pm. www.rowaytonartscenter.org
- Lockwood Mathews Mansion Museum
- Old-Fashioned Flea Market from 10 am to 5 pm.
- Costumed mini-tours of the exhibit What is it: Technologies and Discoveries of the Victorian Era from 12 pm to 4 pm. www.lockwoodmathewsmansion.com.
Tuesday, September 17:
- Celebrating the Centennial of South Norwalk’s Carnegie Library with a reception, reflections from Norwalk’s mayors, and a book signing for Isabel Bullen’s book, Norwalk’s Carnegie Libraries, from 5:30 pm to 7 pm. www.norwalkpubliclibrary.org
Wednesday, September 18:
- Third Taxing District/East Norwalk Association Library open house all day at Engine Company 3 (formerly the Mayflower Hose Company) and a TTD demonstration in the ENAL parking lot at 51 Van Zant. www.eastnorwalklibrary.org
Friday, September 20:
- Grand opening of the Norwalk History Room at Norwalk Public Library, with a reception, music from Norwalk Symphony Orchestra musicians, and an artist talk by Frank Bruckmann about his painting of South Norwalk, from 5:30 pm to 7 pm. www.norwalkpubliclibrary.org.
Saturday, September 21:
- Norwalk 2.0’s 10 Narratives & Faces of Norwalk opening night reception from 6 pm to 9 pm. http://norwalk2.org.
- Norwalk Police Department open house from 1 pm to 3 pm. www.norwalkct.org.
- Rowayton Historical Society opening of the exhibit Celebrating the Farrell Legacy in Rowayton at the Rowayton Community Center from 11 am to 4 pm. www.rowaytonhistoricalsociety.org.
Sunday, September 22:
- Music at Fodor Farm, hosted by the Norwalk Arts Commission.
Wednesday, September 25:
- ArtScapades lecture on Connecticut Impressionism and Norwalk’s WPA murals in the main library auditorium from 7pm to 8:30 pm. www.norwalkpubliclibrary.org.
Saturday, September 28: